Saturday 12 July 2014

How my mother maltreated me; another LIB reader shares her story

Another LIB reader shares her story. Read below...

Never will I subscribe to one killing his or her parents and as much as I hate and will never justify his act, I still think this should serve as a warning to parents out there who has turned discipling a child into child abuse
My childhood was one of pain, my own mother made life miserable for me, truth be told, I was not the stubborn type, I grew up to find out that my mum hate me with passion for no just cause. my mum used to tell me that I'll amount to nothing in life, she would beat, bite and put pepper in my vaginal and yes this was before I even started menstruating.
Sometimes she beats me to the point that I'll start crying and beg God to show me my real mother. Continue...
Finished my secondary school in 2008 but my dad refused to enroll me for waec simply because my mum and my elder brother and sister (her two favorites) refused, on the ground that I'll never make my papers, wasted two years of my life at home doing nothing Untill God finally intervened in 2000 my dad managed to enroll me in Neco and I passed and gained admission into a higher institution
There were days when I got broke in school but I didn't bother going home just to avoid seeing my mother's face, I lived in fear for a very long time. When she saw that I have grown pass her cane and biting, she started using her tongue against me (cursing). Linda, as I write this, am in tears. She hated the fact that I gained admission before her two favorites, she would curse and swear for me like I was not her her child. Even when I graduated in 2006, and went for my Nysc in 2007, it meant nothing to her because I was not one of her favorite. As God will have it, my elder sister got married and relocated abroad with her hubby for 11 years and guess what? Not even a wrapper to her sweet mother, lost my elder brother in 2010 and her hopes and expectations were dashed, just to make sure she didn't develop a heart attack, I took all my savings that same year ( 450k) to open a shop for her in a busy place and guess what? She told everyone who cared to listen that it was my elder sister that did everything for her. Bought her hollandis and gold jewelries and that still didn't make her change for good towards me

God finally blessed me, got a good job, pay my bills and my family's in my own little way
, and to cut this long story short, I sponsored my younger sister's education from waec till she graduated 3 months ago (science course) and now my mum is using her against me, she calls me a prostitute,bought a car for them, etc. my elder sister has been deported and back to her parents house and am far ahead of her, now my own mum and two blood sisters are jealous of me, every day I pray to God to give me the strength to forgive them but its really hard, they gossip me like am an outsider but I still send money to my dad for their upkeep.

They just hates the fact that am the most successful in the house after all the curses my mother pronounced on me while growing. All I can say is, I thank God for bringing me this far

No comments:

Post a Comment