Friday 8 August 2014

Tameka Raymond opens up about marriage to Usher

In the sit down with VH1 Tameka Raymond opened up about the pressures of being married to Usher in a promo for her new reality show, Atlanta Exes…
"I met my ex-husband about 14 years ago when I was working with him as a fashion stylist. Over the time that I worked for him we became very good friends. He was like my best friend. We talked about everything, we had so many interests in common. And over time our relationships dissolved around us and we ended up going on a few dates."
"For me, my life changed a lot in being married to him. I had to kind of be a little more conscious and cognizant of things that I did, that I said, that I tweeted, that I ate (laughs). Continue..

There was just a lot of pressure, a lot of image concerns. You set aside a lot of what you want to do personally and put it on the backburner to be there and be the backbone for your mate. Your travel schedule is so inconsistent and you’re kind of all over in this place and that place. Now I’m kind of just able to wake up and say, ‘Wow today is my day, I’m doing what I want to do or what I need to do for me.’ I love being single and I love dating, but the thing I don’t like is that at times you can’t really confide in these people that you date. The first opening line for every man is ‘I don’t know how to dance, but…’ Aw come on! Did I say you had to dance? Men are really always making little small references to my ex-husband. It’s very annoying and sometimes it nixes them out. Ixnay, oolyay, bye!”

No comments:

Post a Comment