Friday 8 August 2014

Omoni Oboli responds to critics who question her directorial ability

Actress Omoni Oboli recently produced and directed her first movie 'Being Mrs Elliott' and some people took her up and questioned her credentials and ability to direct a movie. Omoni Oboli responded to the critics and below is her response...
 "I have the needed education, experience and on the job training. I did not jump into the ocean without a life jacket. I had a life jacket, rescue team and a well-equipped first aid box, which stands for my training at New York Film Academy, my experience as an actress and my on the job training. I can proudly say that producing 'Being Mrs Elliott' is a step in the right direction.” Continue...

Being Mrs Elliott', is Omoni Oboli’s first effort as a director in Nollywood. The Movie which opened the Nollywood Week Film Festival in Paris two month ago and got 11 nominations at the Nollywood and African Film Critics’ Awards (NAFCA) in California, USA. It is story of a successfully married woman, who is torn between two worlds after a life changing incident. She found out that the best life has to offer are not things but moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment